Festival Director of Dusk Dances
The Dusk Dances Board of Directors is seeking a Festival Director to lead Dusk Dances, starting from January 1, 2024.
- The Festival Director oversees the logistical planning, organization, and execution of all aspects of Dusk Dances. In 2024, this encompasses the Toronto event and undertaking an assessment of Dusk Dances’ licensing initiative. The Festival Director leads a team that achieves organizational objectives within an environment of collaboration, communication, and innovation by:
- Maintaining open communication, clear objectives and priorities, and a culture of positive behavioural intent that is consistent and in alignment with Dusk Dances values of equity, diversity, inclusion and accessibility.
- Encouraging a positive, respectful, and professional workplace characterized by a commitment to learning and creativity, innovation and risk-taking, and high levels of personal fulfillment.
- Fostering relationships with dance artists locally and nationally, and communicating Dusk Dances’ vision effectively and passionately to stakeholders and the broader external community.
- Prioritizing a welcoming and inclusive workplace and supporting a diverse workforce by leading the organization's safe work practices, and upholding anti-harassment, anti-racism and anti-oppression policies, the Code of Conduct, and other Dusk Dances’ policies.
Dusk Dances is an equal-opportunity organization that values equity, diversity, inclusion and accessibility. We encourage applications from persons of any sexual orientation and any gender identity or expression and will prioritize applicants who are Indigenous, Black, Persons of colour, 2SLGBTQIAP and persons with visible and/or invisible disabilities. We welcome you to self-identify in the recruitment process.